BAFTA is looking for a talented Event Manager to join its busy events team at its headquarters at 195 Piccadilly.
Job Title: Event Manager
Department: 195 Piccadilly Events Department
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Salary: Based upon experience
Overall purpose of the role
The role of the Event Manager is to manage a broad range of events for both private and corporate clients at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, the headquarters of BAFTA in London. This role involves managing all planning and logistics from the contract stage onwards until the event day; and to maximize revenue opportunities through upselling.
The successful candidate will manage a broad range of events including multi-day bookings, which will require an ability to multi-task and liaise with a number of clients simultaneously.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive the contracts from the Sales Manager and through effective and on-going communication with the client ensure that all upselling opportunities are maximized from contract through to final invoice;
- Meet and exceed personal sales targets;
- Support the delivery of the team’s annual targets through secondary spends, including food and beverage, technical support and the services of the Accredited Suppliers.
- Organize complex events including multi-day events, along with luxury brands and high-net-worth individuals, creating events which truly reflect the BAFTA brand and exceed client expectations;
- Build strong client relationships to ensure repeat levels of business are maintained;
- Ensure post-event evaluation is undertaken (including data entry and analysis and producing reports);
- Work with the Operations Team, including the Head Chef, Banqueting Manager and Technical support to ensure that all operational requirements and arrangements are in place for each event and all upselling opportunities are maximized;
- Lead on the tasting process and ensure the client experience exceeds expectations and generates upselling opportunities;
- Be flexible in working hours, to accommodate client events – this will include occasional evening and weekend work.
- Represent the venue at showcase events and exhibitions and support the team on cultivation events hosted at the venue;
- Attend events off-site at exhibitions and networking events, acting professionally and knowledgeable in representing the venue;
- Assist the Head of Department in inputting into marketing activity;
- Conduct research from time to time to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Minimum of 3 years events planning experience; ideally in a venue;
- A proven track record in the delivery of sales targets;
- Able to work in a small team environment;
- Knowledge of Salesforce/Delphi an advantage;
- Passion for the Events Industry and an enthusiastic approach.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements for this position to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 22 June.