BAFTA is seeking financial support to expand our acclaimed scholarship, education and community initiatives in Los Angeles, allowing BAFTA to discover, support and nurture talented professionals from all walks of life.
British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a leading nonprofit organization promoting and rewarding excellence in film, games and television. Through awards, events and online resources, we drive standards ever higher, seek out and encourage new and emerging talent, and inspire practitioners while celebrating the very best creative work. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA Los Angeles extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
Type: 9-month role starting in April 2019
Location: Los Angeles
BAFTA is the leading UK charity promoting and rewarding excellence in film, television and games. Through awards, events and online resources, we drive standards ever higher, seek out and encourage new and emerging talent, and inspire practitioners while celebrating the very best creative work. BAFTA Los Angeles extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
As the scope of our organization continues to grow around the world, BAFTA is seeking funds to support its future growth in the US.
BAFTA is seeking financial support to expand our acclaimed scholarship, education and community initiatives, allowing BAFTA to discover, support and nurture talented professionals from all walks of life.
We now wish to recruit a Director of Advancement based in LA to lead on the cultivation of supporters and donors based in California. The post holder will report to BAFTA LA’s Chief Operating Officer.
The successful candidate will have extensive fundraising and communications experience, good knowledge or direct experience in the film, television and games industries and the ability to operate and deliver at the most senior level. He or she must be professionally astute, a creative thinker, graduate-level, competent with business and legal affairs and preferably, already well-connected in our industries. This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned advancement professional to work with a prestigious team in the entertainment industry. The successful candidate will be a metrics-driven, major gift professional, experienced in working with high-level prospects, ideally with experience with 501(c)(3) organizations.
Duties to include:
• Plan and execute strategies to achieve major gift goals
• Create cultivation or solicitation materials for staff and volunteer leadership;
• Conceptualize, plan and execute, with special events team, major donor and prospect events, including events in private residences, receptions, galas, etc.
• Identify new prospects from a variety of sectors and work with staff to identify current donors to increase support and ensure a robust pipeline.
• Research, identify, cultivate and inspire significant US industry and non-industry supporters
• Research, identify and pursue major grant opportunities.
• Build relationships with US companies and major donors to support and deliver the strategic aims of the projects.
• Make solicitations when appropriate.
• Make 20-25 face-to-face prospect visits per quarter, alone or with staff and/or volunteer leadership. Calls will be a combination of prospect identification and qualification visits, cultivation visits, solicitations or gift closing meetings.
• Maintain stewardship contacts and contractual deliverables with donors.
• Draft funding reports and correspondence for major donors and prospects;
• Act as a senior ambassador, supporter, mentor to others and a confident closer of supporter transactions.
• Create contact reports in a timely manner.
• Strong communication and ambassadorial skills;
• Experience and understanding of advancement campaigns;
• Ability to develop a vision and deliver objectives;
• Strong professional and efficient work ethos;
• Good knowledge of the film, television and games industries;
• Confident in asking for donor support and closing transactions;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to [email protected]
The employer is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, religious creed, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or medical condition, military, marital or veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws. In accordance of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered.