BAFTA is looking for an enthusiastic career starter to join our busy communications team on a 3-6 month internship.
Job Title: Communications Intern
Reports to: Digital Communications Manager
Date: 3-6 Months starting in February 2015
Applications close at midday on Thursday 29 January.
We are looking for a bright and creative Communications Intern with a passion for film, television and games to aid us in the daily maintenance of our online platforms, digital marketing and communications.
This is a paid role based at BAFTA's London office and is initially offered for a three month period from early February 2015, with a view to extending the internship for a further three months.
The successful candidate should have hands-on experience of working with online media and the ability to write engaging website copy.
Principal Areas of Responsibility
As a member of the Communications team you will help us to maintain and develop BAFTA’s website and external online platforms, communicating the organisation’s core messages with a diverse range of audiences.
- To aid the communications team in the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the BAFTA website.
- Create engaging and relevant copy and online features around BAFTA’s range of public events.
- Assist with the promotion and coverage of BAFTA events and award ceremonies.
- Assist the running of BAFTA’s range of social networks.
- Contribute ideas as part of the publishing and communications team.
Person specification - Essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A passion for and knowledge of the film, television and games industries
- Ability to write accurate and engaging copy for online publications
- A working knowledge of online platforms including blogs and social networks
- A great eye for detail and accuracy
Please note: The successful applicant will need to be available to assist at any BAFTA Award ceremonies which arise during the duration of the internship
Person specification- Desirable
- Experience of marketing, including promoting online features around the web.
- A good understanding of the UK creative industries and current debates in the film, television and games industries
- A working knowledge of image editing software (Photoshop)
- Experience of working with HTML and Content Management Systems (CMS)
Please send your CV and an accompanying document explaining why you are right for the role in no more than 400 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line 'BAFTA Communications Internship'. The deadline for application submissions is midday on Thursday 29 January.