BAFTA is seeking a talented PR intern to join its busy Marketing & Communications department.
Reports to: Press Officer
Contract type: Full-time, Fixed-term, 3-6 months.
Date: November 2019
Salary: £352.50 for each week worked
Closing Date: 17:00 GMT Wednesday 16 October 2019
We are looking for a bright and creative PR intern with a passion for film, games and television to help us in the daily running of our in-house press office and general PR activity around our awards and learning & new talent activity, as part of BAFTA's Marketing & Communications team. This is a full-time, paid role based at BAFTA's London office and is initially offered for a three-month period from November 2019, with the possibility of extending the internship until the end May 2020. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in a career in the media and the ability to write engaging copy.
To support the in-house press & PR function of BAFTA, working closely with the marketing & communications team in helping achieve the organisation's objectives.
- Assist with media monitoring and keeping coverage log up to date with coverage resulting from in-house press releases, suggesting updates and improvements to the log where necessary, and tracking against KPIs
- Sharing top weekly coverage with the business via display areas and weekly staff emails
- Ensure media lists are up to date and pull new media lists when needed
- Assist with writing press releases for BAFTAs learning and new talent initiatives and supporting with pitching this to journalists
- Analyse analytics and engagement rates of regular press office mailings, and make recommendations to the team
- Aid the communications team in the day-to-day updates of the BAFTA websites and other communications platforms, and in the compilation of newsletters
- Contribute ideas as part of the wider communications team
- Assist with the promotion and coverage of BAFTA events and award ceremonies
- Excellent oral and written communication in English writing for different audiences on different platforms
- Ability to write clear, accurate and engaging copy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the UK media landscape
- Passionate and knowledgeable about film, games or television
- A good understanding of the UK creative industries and current debates in the film, games and television industries
Please note: The successful applicant will need to be available to assist at out of hours BAFTA events and Award ceremonies which arise during the duration of the internship
All applicants are required to submit the following:
1/ a current CV
2/ in 300 words or less, an explanation as to why you want to work with BAFTA’s marketing & communications team and how you fit the person specification, with supporting examples from your previous experience
3/ a sample of original written work created by you, such as an essay, a review or an editorial feature for an online publication or blog.
Please submit the above information to [email protected] with the subject line 'PR Intern Application' by the deadline stated above.
If you don’t hear from us you should assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We are unfortunately unable to give detailed or specific feedback on applications.
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.