BAFTA is looking for a talented Awards Event Producer to join its busy Production team.
Position: Awards Event Producer
Responsible to: Director of Production
Salary: £37,000-£42,000 dependent on experience
Term: Maternity Cover – 1 year, Starting mid-September
BAFTA’s Awards ceremonies are the highest profile and most traditional part of its charitable activity. The BAFTA Awards have been given since 1949 and attract talent from across the world as well as a TV audience of many millions. The Awards are delivered by a small and experienced team who manage all aspects of production which includes all awards administration, working with BAFTA's Committees, PR companies and the many partners who each contribute to making the BAFTA Awards the high profile events they are today. We wish to hire a high-calibre and experienced Awards Events Producer to join our hard-working and highly experienced production team.
Working to and with the Head of Production, to manage the following:
- All five Award ceremonies & special events production, maximising the efficient use of resources whilst delivering the very best quality events for the Academy;
- Creative planning & budgeting expenditure for the five UK Awards ceremonies ensuring a high standard of production commensurate with BAFTA’s brand;
- Manage event budget expenditure;
- Calculate income and expenditure for insurance purposes;
- Chair logistics meetings;
- Oversee all logistics of events, including the day to day management performed by the Assistant Awards Producer, security, police, council, public access, transport and parking;
- Manage the Health & Safety requirements for all events and create the event plan in consultation with BAFTA’s Health & Safety advisor;
- Attend regular production meetings;
- Attend weekly Awards team update meetings;
- Manage additional ‘live’ broadcasters’ requirements alongside the PR Company;
- Manage press requirements for all awards and outside events;
- Work with PR company on media management for all the Awards;
- Manage Red Carpet build planning and execution;
- Manage the overall ‘look’ of the Awards including tickets, brochure and dinner and party production;
- Main point of contact for dinner/party venue ensuring awareness of all BAFTA’s requirements;
- Attend tastings for dinner menus;
- Oversee credential lists;
- Work with sponsors to deliver their branding requirements & nurture long-term relationships.
- Expert knowledge of running large scale events
- Experience in both events and high profile media events
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
To apply, please send us a two-page CV and a brief cover letter of a maximum of two pages, detailing examples from your experience which demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the person specification, citing appropriate examples. Please send your application to [email protected] by 5pm on Monday 16 July.
Please help us to develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of our recruitment processes by filling in our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.