BAFTA is seeking an Assistant Facilities Manager to ensure the smooth running of all BAFTA’s offices and interests in London
Reports to: Head of Facilities
Contract: Fixed-term, 12 months
Salary: £27k-£30k per annum
Closing date: Friday 28 April 2017
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts is an independent charity that supports, develops and promotes the art forms of the moving image by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners and benefiting the public.
In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes, connecting with audiences of all ages and backgrounds across the UK, Los Angeles and New York.
The role of Assistant Facilities Manager is positioned at 195 Piccadilly and works with the Facilities department to ensure the smooth running of all BAFTA’s offices and interests in London. The role is a fixed term appointment for the period of time leading up the major refurbishment scheduled to take place Autumn 2018 but may be extended. It is a varied role and whilst there will be core responsibilities there is an element to the role which requires flexibility.
- To assist the Head of Facilities in all operational aspects of 195 Piccadilly in so far as they relate to the running and maintenance of the building to ensure the best possible visitor experience at 195 Piccadilly
- To manage the facilities and staff offices at 16 Charles II Street in the absence of the Facilities Coordinator
- To be a knowledge point for health and safety systems and policies within the BAFTA buildings and events
- Act as point of contact for general facilities enquiries and requests
- 195 Piccadilly Reception team
- 195 Piccadilly Hosts
- Security staff
- Contracted FM and Soft Services teams
Working closely with the Head of Facilities you will support the department during the planning stage of the 195 Piccadilly rebuild, this includes:
- Ensuring customer service standards are maintained at the highest levels through our Reception, Host team and Security staff
- Ensure that the working relationship between BAFTA and 195 Piccadilly staff is efficient and cooperative with a view to ensuring the highest customer service standards and ease of communications
- Maintain a close relationship with the 195 hospitality team to ensure that all client needs are met
- Maintain good relationships with our industry suppliers and supporters
- Ensure the internal environment remains fresh, clean, well maintained and appealing for the benefit of all visitors to 195
- Along with the contracted FM company ensure the preventative maintenance programme is managed
- Assist in maintaining the relationship between BAFTA and the Crown Estate’s retained Managing Agents (BNP Paribas)
Health and Safety:
- Ensure BAFTA maintains its health and safety policy for the benefit of all staff and visitors to BAFTA’s buildings
- Initiate and maintain positive measures to raise health & safety standards
- Manage H&S training for all BAFTA employees and keep records up to date
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator in conducting DSE checks for all staff annually
- Maintain detailed records of contractor questionnaires and manage renewals
- Liaise with the various departments to ensure that all external BAFTA events are H&S compliant
- To be an advocate for environmental best practice
- To take a hands-on approach to all aspects of the job
- To assist in any office moves or similar building related projects
- Assist with researching suppliers, enabling best practise procurement solutions to be implemented within the department
Qualifications and Experience
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification and demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety and current legislation
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- People management skills
- Experience of managing contracted FM services
- Holds or working towards an FM qualification
Please send a CV and cover letter (up to two pages each, no more than four pages in total) to [email protected] by Friday 28 April 2017. Your cover letter should provide evidence for how you fulfil the requirements of the person specification as well as details of your current salary.
Please help us to develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of our recruitment processes by filling in our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may form part of the role. BAFTA retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.