Albert is looking for a creative and pro-active communications assistant (freelance) to support the work of BAFTA’s albert Consortium and grow our awareness and standing in the industry.
Opportunity: Freelance albert communication assistant (expected to last 6 months)
Reports to: Aaron Matthews, Head of Industry Sustainability
Start date: June 2019
albert is a collaborative BAFTA, indie and broadcaster backed project that brings the screen industries together to tackle their environmental impact and inspire sustainable living. Founded in 2011 and governed by an industry consortium, the group’s objective is to empower everyone working in film and TV production to understand their opportunity and to know how they can make a change.
The project offers events, training, certification, a bespoke production carbon calculator and a 100% renewable energy procurement project. Each year over 1000 productions use the albert calculator with a further 300 also applying for albert certification.
albert recently launched Planet Placement, a new online hub designed to inspire the creative community and explore opportunities on engaging audiences on the topic of environmental sustainability.
The project is backed by Sky, BBC, ITV, C4, all3media, IMG, Endemol Shine, 5, Fremantle, Hat Trick, Kudos, NBCUniversal, Warner Bros. UK TVP, Tinopolis, UKTV and a further 25 production affiliates.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for sustainability and is interested to see how it’s applied to the Film and TV sector. As a small team of consultants with a big remit, this opportunity will suit a freelancer keen to gain a lot of experience in a fast paced environment (and have some fun doing it)
The services required are:
- Researching and drafting compelling articles, case studies, social media posts, monthly newsletters and other required communications materials which helps to increase engagement with our audience/s
- Monitoring news from our consortium members and sustainability industry and sharing when relevant
- Supporting on reports, case studies, press releases
- Assisting with albert events – sourcing speakers, publishing and promoting events, liaising with partners and drafting content from events for the albert website.
- Ongoing maintenance of albert website and social channels and management of communications calendar.
- Support with communication to project members and partners
- Tracking and reporting analytics from website, newsletter, social and events.
Essential skills & knowledge
- Fluent in English with excellent written and proofreading skills
- Experience of managing social media platforms and CMS, newsletter writing experience
- Proactive and independent work ethic - keen to work with a small but friendly and optimistic team
Desirable skills & knowledge
- Creation of creative project briefs (infographics, social media videos, etc.)
- Design/illustration skills – Adobe InDesign/Photoshop
- Video editing – Final Cut Pro/Adobe
- Knowledge of the TV sector
- Knowledge of effective climate change communication
- Knowledge of sustainable business
Day rate for this role is £100.
To find out more and to register your interest please send a one page CV and brief covering note to [email protected] by Wednesday 15 May 2019.
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity and Monitoring Form. This form will not affect your application.
No recruitment agencies please.