BAFTA Los Angeles is seeking an Administrative Coordinator, to provide professional support to our small but busy team.
Reports to: BAFTA Los Angeles Chief Operating Offer.
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Los Angeles
British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a leading nonprofit organization promoting and rewarding excellence in film, games and television. Through awards, events and online resources, we drive standards ever higher, seek out and encourage new and emerging talent, and inspire practitioners while celebrating the very best creative work. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA Los Angeles extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Administrative Coordinator, to provide professional support to our small but busy team in LA.
This is a great entry-level opportunity for the right person with a great attitude to gain broad experience in the entertainment industry and/or a non-profit organization.
This position is responsible for providing professional administrative support to the office and the organization’s varied activities. By its nature, the position’s responsibilities are broad but will include fielding telephone & email enquiries, calendar scheduling, office upkeep, filing and database management, and off-site event work.
The position is based in Los Angeles, reporting to the BAFTA Los Angeles Chief Operating Offer, but supporting the full BAFTA Los Angeles team.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- General administrative duties as needed and directed.
- Field all incoming calls and enquiries.
- Handle incoming/outgoing mailings and deliveries.
- Social Media
- Website maintenance
- Event/Screening guest list coordination.
- General office upkeep.
- Committee and Board Meeting scheduling.
- Calendar and Scheduling for CEO and COO.
- Provide support to event producers, staff and committees as directed.
The nature of BAFTA Los Angeles’ work and its team-driven spirit, will result in additional duties to be fulfilled on an ad hoc basis.
- Exceptional customer service mind-set
- Organizational efficiency
- Excellent prioritization and time-management
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong interest in and proficiency for Social Media (corporate social media experience an advantage)
- Experience in Drupal-based websites an advantage.
- Available to work evening and weekend events in addition to regular office hours.
- A positive, get-it-done attitude
Please apply by sending a resume and covering letter to [email protected].
No Telephone Inquiries/Resumes Accepted By Email Only
The employer is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, religious creed, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or medical condition, military, marital or veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws. In accordance of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered.