Generation Next is a day long event aimed at anyone who is serious about a career in television.
2015 BAFTA TV Forum: Generation Next is now fully booked
Who can attend?
Aimed at those working in non-scripted, with six months to 3 years in any industry area, across production, craft, creative and business e.g. runners, researchers, APs, production assistants, broadcast assistants, junior role at media content companies. We ask for a minimum of one paid professional/industry credit which can include work placements. To ensure you get the most from the day as a delegate, we will be canvassing CVs before offering you a booking link.
BAFTA TV Forum: Generation Next London, is designed to benefit those who have already taken their first steps in television, have some experience under their belt and now want to find out more about how the industry works. At the end of the day, delegates will have a unique insight into and understanding of the TV industry, have made some great contacts and be able to progress their TV journey. We aim to provide attendees with the opportunity to think about skills development and ambitions, to network with peers and a host of industry professionals.
Why should I attend?
• Access to insight from BAFTA winning or nominated talent
• Honest advice about how to progress in the industry, how to hone your skills and where they are best suited
• A chance to book a one-on-one career development/CV clinic with a broadcast or indie Talent Manager or an Executive Producer, across a range of genres, of your choice
• A chance to evaluate your career surrounded by like-minded individuals with drive and ambition
It is a packed day of masterclasses, panels, Q&As and unrivalled networking opportunities, providing a better understanding of how to fit into the industry and how to grow. Want to step up to be a researcher, an AP or to direct your first piece? Keen to get your first script noticed or hone your development skills? If you’re driven, passionate and curious about television, then Generation Next is here to help you.
Industry and production insight – business and craft insight from creative and technical talent
Skills Development – how to develop and hone your skills for life in production and broadcasting
Career Development - advice from decision makers and CV experts on different areas of the industry to give you the inside track on how to build your career
Generation Next 2015
Find out more about this year's event in London
- 2015 Generation Next London (626.5 KB) .
- 2015 Generation Next London Programme: Download (626.5 KB) .
Generation Next 2014
Find out more about the events in 2014 which took place in both London and Salford;
- 2014 Generation Next London Programme: Download (561.3 KB) .
- 2014 Generation Next Salford Programme: Download (626.5 KB) .