Discover which subjects will be offered in each city as part of the BAFTA Crew programme of live masterclass events.
- 15 live masterclasses with major BAFTA-winning and nominated HoDs at venues across the UK
- 8 interactive live stream Q&As from professionals with BAFTA-nominated credits
- 15 podcasts of all live events in the programme plus 4 online mini masterclasses
- An exclusive social network group allowing professional networking with speakers, programme partners and each other
- Access to travel bursaries to support attendance at live events not held in your region
- Access to BAFTA Crew: Network, presented by Creative England, a bespoke programme of 12 networking events throughout the English regions, for BAFTA Crew participants, speakers and local industry to meet each other over a drink following the live masterclasses.
The BAFTA Crew Jury
We are thrilled to announce our industry jury who will select the final BAFTA Crew members as well as advising on the content of the programme.
Our jury will include:
- BAFTA-winning Hair and Make-Up Designer Frances Hannon (Captain Phillips, X-Men First Class, The King's Speech).
- BAFTA-nominated Sound Mixer John Casali (Anna Karenina, Fast and Furious 6, Tinker Tailor Solider Spy).
- BAFTA-winning Editor Mark Day (Ex Machina, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)
- Production Designer Simon Bowles (BELLE, Hyde Park on Hudson, The Descent)
- Set Decorator Liz Griffiths (About Time, Hot Fuzz, Ginger and Rosa)
- BAFTA-nominated Sound Editor Joakim Sundström (20,000 Days On Earth, Seven Psychopaths, Berberian Sound Studio)
- Production Manager Barry Ryan (This Is England, Dead Man's Shoes, Four Lions)
- Costume Designer Jane Petrie (Suffragette, How I Live Now, Fish Tank, Moon)
- Camera Operator Peter Cavaciuti (Finding Neverland, Thor, Skyfall)
- Camera Operator Philip Sindall (Mamma Mia!, Nanny McPhee, The Hours)
Also joining the jury will be representatives from Creative Skillset, BAFTA Cymru, BAFTA Scotland and Northern Ireland Screen. The BAFTA Crew Jury will be chaired by Nicky Ball, Creative England’s National Crew and Facilities Manager.
- For those participants who want to opt in, BAFTA will also publish the names and several key credits of BAFTA Crew members. This list will be available to speakers and the wider industry on www.bafta.org.
- For those participants in the English regions, an introduction to the Production & Location Services offered by Creative England and the National Crew & Facilities database. This service is not only supported by a free-to-join database, but a series of national crew nights and a dedicated crewing manager who works across all productions supported by the Creative England Production Liaison managers
- Access to BAFTA’s regional programme of screenings and events.
- For those based in Scotland and Wales, access to BAFTA Cymru and BAFTA Scotland’s year-round events programme.
The BAFTA Crew programme will cover creative, technical and operational topics across departments.
Members will help shape the content of the live masterclasses by suggesting questions in advance. These sessions are valuable not just for those working in the same department, but also for other Crew members who want to build a better understanding of their colleagues’ work and use the masterclasses to build networks with professionals at a similar level in the industry.
The live streams will also be delivered by speakers drawn from BAFTA’s pool of nominees, winners and members, or craft practitioners with BAFTA-nominated credits with content covering more detailed craft and technical subjects.
About our partners
BAFTA Crew is run in partnership with Creative Skillset - We’ve invested in skills with the support of the Skills Investment Fund managed by Creative Skillset on behalf of the Department for Culture, Media and Sport www.creativeskillset.org/SIF
Creative England invests in and supports creative ideas, talent and businesses in film, TV, games and digital media. We aim to grow the brightest, the best, and those with the most promise so that individuals and businesses can achieve their full creative and commercial potential. We help identify future opportunities to grow the economy and generate jobs.