This year a selection of on and off-screen talented newcomers have been selected by a stellar industry jury to take part in the Breakthrough Brits year-long mentoring and guidance programme. The jury met on Tuesday 16 September and included such talent as Richard Ayoade, Barbara Broccoli OBE, Mike Newell and Olivia Colman.
The Breakthrough Brits will be announced on 27 October at an evening reception at Burberry’s Regent Street flagship store, followed by a day of in-depth career guidance and mentoring from leading industry figures. However, this is just the beginning.
BAFTA/ Jamie Simonds
|Successful Breakthrough Brits will receive non-voting membership of BAFTA for a year, giving them free access to BAFTA events and screenings and to our member’s space at 195 Piccadilly. In addition, BAFTA will support each Breakthrough Brit by working with them to tailor a programme of support, mentoring and career development in conjunction with industry professionals.|
Who Was Eligible to Apply?
Exceptional individuals who are already working professionally in the Games, Film and TV industries.
All candidates had to be:
- be aged 18 or over on 1 November 2014
- be British nationals and currently residing in the United Kingdom
Candidates in Film and Television had to...
- be making a name for themselves as a performer or in a craft specialism within film and/or television.
- have been involved with a piece of work that has been, or will be, theatrically released in the UK or broadcast on a UK television channel between August 2013 and August 2014.
- have undertaken their first lead or head of department role on a production where the completion date falls between August 2013 and August 2014.
Candidates in Games had to...
- be making a name for themselves in their field within games.
- have been involved with a piece of work that has been, or will be, published or released in the UK between August 2013 and August 2014.
- have undertaken their first lead or impactful role on a game which is in a playable state by August 2014.
Last year, 17 talented individuals were selected by a leading industry Jury to become the inaugural Breakthrough Brits. You can find out about the Breakthrough Brits from 2013 and what they’ve been up to since we announced them here >